Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Wizards Tower - Part 1

Many years ago I stumbled across Hirst Arts website. Not an odd occurrence in hindsight since they create such a fabulous product that any mini gamer is bound to run into the output of their molds sooner or later.  I picked up three of the fieldstone molds and can honestly say I have used each dozens if not ahundred times over the years and the molds are as solid as they day they arrived.
One of the most basic projects on the Hirst Arts website is the Wizards Tower. It's was not designed for the field stone blocks but it looked like I could work around any pieces I didn't have, such as arrow slits.



Actually the using the fieldstone molds made this an even easier project since they come with 2 and 3 inch long pieces, not just the 1 inch bricks the Wizards Tower mold has.  I used arches to a create a window in place the arrow slits.









Hirst suggest using legos to make a form for keeping the walls straight and the corners square.  It does make construction so much easier. I am kicking myself for all the projects I did without using it.









One last shot of the construction phase before I move on to painting.







Go to Wizards Tower  - Part 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment